Please mark your calendars for our next PTA meeting which will be March 8 at 6:30pm. March will have two meetings because of the availability of an excellent drug education speaker who will be able to present to our parents at this meeting.
Dr. Marsha Rosenbaum from the Drug Policy Alliance will speak about the approach advocated in a new drug-related curriculum being piloted this spring at BHSEC, as part of our 9th grade health course. This talk is helpful to all parents concerned about their teenagers and substance use, not just parents of those who will be studying the curriculum in class. To get a sense of Dr. Rosenbaum’s approach, please take a moment to read the following. It is well worth the 5 minutes it will take you: https://www.drugpolicy.
We will have 2 meetings in March. March 8 and March 22. Please plan to join us for one or both of these meetings in March.
Great effort is put into securing top speakers in their respective fields, and we hope that you take advantage of the wonderful resources made available to BHSEC parents. Our community is, first and foremost, about caring for each other and creating the space to come together to ensure the success of each and every Bard student. Now, more than ever, we are mindful of the capacity of our remarkable high schoolers to positively impact our society. Let’s be there for them, together, to give them all the support they need to realize their incredible potential.
Other BARD Websites
BHSEC Manhattan school
525 E. Houston Street
New York, NY 10002
Video Production Partner
BHSEC Amazon Associates Program
- Kyla on Transferring CreditsSeptember 7, 2016 - 3:25 am
- Abena on 9th Grade TransitionSeptember 1, 2016 - 1:27 pm
- Aly on FriendsAugust 20, 2016 - 9:30 pm
- Samantha on 60 CreditsAugust 20, 2016 - 8:27 pm
- Samantha on Transition to Year 1August 20, 2016 - 7:22 pm
- Marah on 9th Grade TransitionAugust 20, 2016 - 1:40 pm
- Reham on College AdvisoryAugust 20, 2016 - 1:23 pm
- Alex on 9th Grade TransitionAugust 19, 2016 - 11:45 am