Our first PTA meeting of 2018 will be Wednesday, January 17, from 6:30pm-8:00pm (refreshments starting at 6:00pm), with special guest speaker Dr. Jed Applerouth, a leading expert on college admissions testing and the role it plays in the college admissions process. Dr. Applerouth spoke at Bard last year and offered parents an incredibly clear and insightful presentation, including a detailed understanding of the differences between the SAT and the ACT and how to choose which test to take. Particularly for our Y1 and 10th grade parents, who are starting the process or know it looms on the horizon, we hope you take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to hear Dr. Applerouth’s presentation.
In addition to Dr. Applerouth’s presentation, we will review our activities and budget to date, as well as solicit ideas for our spring programming. Please plan to join us for this meeting. We also invite any students who are interested in learning more about the testing landscape to accompany their parents to this meeting.
Also, please note that next week’s meeting takes place during BHSEC finals: no regular classes will be taking place that week. Students should have shared, their finals schedules with you (ask them!).
Let us know if you have any questions. You can always reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through our Parent Coordinator, Carol Turitz.
Hope to see many of you next Wednesday, January 17.
Other BARD Websites
BHSEC Manhattan school
525 E. Houston Street
New York, NY 10002
Video Production Partner
- Kyla on Transferring CreditsSeptember 7, 2016 - 3:25 am
- Abena on 9th Grade TransitionSeptember 1, 2016 - 1:27 pm
- Aly on FriendsAugust 20, 2016 - 9:30 pm
- Samantha on 60 CreditsAugust 20, 2016 - 8:27 pm
- Samantha on Transition to Year 1August 20, 2016 - 7:22 pm
- Marah on 9th Grade TransitionAugust 20, 2016 - 1:40 pm
- Reham on College AdvisoryAugust 20, 2016 - 1:23 pm
- Alex on 9th Grade TransitionAugust 19, 2016 - 11:45 am