If you can only come to one PTA meeting this year, make it this one! On February 28, Dr. Jed Applerouth of Applerouth Tutoring Services will discuss the New Landscape of College Admissions Testing.
In recent years the testing landscape has experienced seismic shifts. The Common Core has transformed the world of admission testing, and the ACT has rocketed to national prominence. The SAT now emphasizes reading and critical thinking while the ACT covers more math and science and emphasizes speed. The tests have never overlapped to this extent, but significant differences remain. To help you make informed decisions regarding testing, come learn about the major differences and similarities between the tests. Learn how to structure an effective testing plan and discuss the optimal strategy to minimize stress and get your kids ready to hit their best scores for scholarships and admissions.
Dr. Applerouth spoke at Bard last year and offered parents an incredibly clear and insightful presentation, including a detailed understanding of the differences between the SAT and the ACT and how to choose which test to take. Particularly for our Y1 and 10th grade parents, who are starting the process or know it looms on the horizon, we hope you take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to hear Dr. Applerouth’s presentation.
Let us know if you have any questions. You can always reach us at email@example.com or through our Parent Coordinator, Carol Turitz.
Other BARD Websites
BHSEC Manhattan school
525 E. Houston Street
New York, NY 10002
Video Production Partner
- Kyla on Transferring CreditsSeptember 7, 2016 - 3:25 am
- Abena on 9th Grade TransitionSeptember 1, 2016 - 1:27 pm
- Aly on FriendsAugust 20, 2016 - 9:30 pm
- Samantha on 60 CreditsAugust 20, 2016 - 8:27 pm
- Samantha on Transition to Year 1August 20, 2016 - 7:22 pm
- Marah on 9th Grade TransitionAugust 20, 2016 - 1:40 pm
- Reham on College AdvisoryAugust 20, 2016 - 1:23 pm
- Alex on 9th Grade TransitionAugust 19, 2016 - 11:45 am